Last week I really felt like having peas and green beans, and since my meal was consisting of tapas, I decided to make this very easy and quick dish, which turned out to be the tastiest one on the table. It’s really easy to make, very healthy and light, and its mix of flavours really take you to the Mediterranean coast, at least for a bit.
Cooking time: 20 min
- 200g Mange tout peas
- 200g fine beans
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp pine nuts (toasted)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- Chop the garlic. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the garlic together with the bay leaves for 30 seconds, making sure they do not burn.
- Add the onions, beans and peas and sauté them stirring constantly for a couple of minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, salt and thyme and turn the heat to medium. Let cook for about 10 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Add the pine nuts at the very end and mix well.
- Serve warm as a starter or a side dish, alongside any other mediterranean dish(es).
Love, happyholism and nom-nom,