This crispy rosemary and garlic focaccia is a great accompaniment to any Italian starter, but I particularly like it with cream soup, especially the zucchini, feta and roasted pepper one. The dough is very easy to make, and is enough for one thin and crispy focaccia in a 13” diameter tray.
- 1 1/4 cups of flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil (+ extra for drizzling)
- 1 tsp dried active yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cups of lukewarm water
- 2 rosemary stalks
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1. Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix them gently with your hands. Do not press the dough, as it will no longer be as fluffy. Knead for 1-2 minutes. Set aside.
- 2. Let the dough rise - until it doubles in size. Ideally, I leave it for 1h, but a minimum of 20 minutes in a warm place should also be fine.
- 3. Preheat the oven 180ºC.
- 4. Once done, spread the dough onto a non stick pizza tray. The dough should be very thin, and the sides fluffy.
- 5. Add the rosemary and the garlic (pressed) and drizzle some olive oil.
- 6. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Makes 1x13'' diameter focaccia
Love, happyholism and nom-nom,