These buttery breadsticks with caraway seeds go perfectly well as a snack, as well as with any cream soup. While my favourite topping are caraway seeds, you can replace that with anything – salt, chili flakes, fennel seeds, cumin, sesame seeds… What’s even better is that it takes no time to make and bake them!
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp milk
- 100g butter (room temperature)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp caraway seeds (for the dough)
- salt to taste
- 1 egg for washing
- 2 tsp caraway seeds (to sprinkle)
- Preheat the oven 180°C.
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, sugar, caraway seeds and salt).
- Add the butter and the milk to the bowl and mix well.
- Spread the dough on a baking sheet (0.5cm) using a rolling pin and cut it in strips (2cm wide).
- Eggwash and sprinkle caraway seeds.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let the breadsticks chill for 10 minutes, then break the strips apart.
Ta-dam! These buttery treats are so tasty they melt in your mouth!
Love, happyholism and nom-nom,