Want a super simple, yet incredibly flavoursome gourmet burger? Try this quick venison burger with camembert and cranberry jelly, topped with red onion slices and rocket salad. Yes, it’s that simple! You can prepare everything in 10 minutes and have it cooked in just 30!
[ingredients title=”Ingredients for the patties”]
- 500g venison mince
- 200g beef mince
- 2 cups of breadcrumbs
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground thyme
- 1 tsp ground rosemary
- 1/2 tsp ground juniper berries
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- salt to taste
[ingredients title=”Ingredients for the burgers”]
- 6 burger buns
- 500g camembert, sliced
- 250g cranberry sauce
- 1 large red onion (sliced
- This is all very straight forward. Preheat your oven at 180ºC.
- Prepare the burger patties by mixing all the ingredients together. Do not over mix, as the texture of the meat will change. Once the ingredients are mixed, form the patties and refrigerate them for 10 minutes.
- Grease the tray/baking sheet you will be using to cook the burgers. Add the patties and cook them for 10 minutes on each side. This will get them well-done. If you prefer your meat more rare, just keep it in for a slightly shorter amount of time, but no less than 6 minutes on each side.
- Slice your burger bun and prepare the fillings.
- Once the meat is done, quickly add a slice of camembert to it so that the heat will melt it slightly. Place the patty onto the bun, add the cranberry sauce, the sliced onion and rocket salad. That’s all!
Enjoy this delicious and quick venison burger with camembert and cranberry jelly! 🙂
Love, happyholism and nom-nom,