When it comes to snacking while watching a movie, my boyfriend and I are all in for nachos, salsa verde and guacamole. We get the nachos and the salsa verde from this cute Mexican shop in Edinburgh, where they sell really good products, and my responsibility is to make the perfect guacamole.
As you can imagine, guacamole really easy to make, and if you add all the ingredients below, I guarantee that this one will be so tasty you’ll want more the next day. However, make sure to use a ripe avocado – on the outside it should be slightly soft, and still green on the inside.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 medium sized red onion
- 1 green jalapeno (deseeded)
- 3-4 cherry tomatoes
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- a pinch of smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Okay, this could not be easier!
- Crush the avocado and add it to a small bowl.
- Chop the red onion, tomato, jalapeno and coriander really finely, and add them to the avocado.
- Add the lime juice, salt, pepper and smoked paprika and mix well.
Tip 2: Don’t add too much smoked paprika. It should be enough to give the guacamole an extremely subtle smoky flavour.
Stay tuned, as my next plan is to make my very own nachos! 🙂
Until the next time,