Italian food? Always! This quick tomato and basil soup is a great dinner choice when you don’t want to spend more than 30 minutes cooking. It’s really flavoursome and very healthy!
Cooking time: 10min preparation, 20min on the stove
Makes 4 portions
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 rosemary stalk (or 1 tbsp dried rosemary)
- 2 lemon thyme stalks (or 2 tbsp dried thyme)
- 4 cans of chopped tomatoes (1.2kg)
- 2 handfuls of fresh basil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 pints of water
- 1 handful of conchigliette pasta (for serving)
- 4 tbsp cream (for serving)
- First of all you need to get the flavours out of the herbs. Heat the oil in a large pot and fry the garlic and herbs for 30sec, making sure they don’t burn or stick to the pot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (veggies, tomatoes, veggie stock, water, onion, celery) and boil on high heat for 20 minutes, uncovered.
- In the meantime cook the pasta.
- Once done, purée the soup.
- Serve warm with conchigliette pasta and a splash of cream.
Love, happyholism and nom-nom,