This middle eastern style pomegranate pistachio mint salad with bulgur is packed with vitamins and superfoods and is ready in just 20 minutes. This salad makes a perfect healthy and light lunch or dinner that is unique in taste thanks to the blend of ingredients and flavours.
Makes 4 portions
- 1 cup of bulgur
- 2 cups of boiling water
- 150g pistachios, roasted, salted and peeled
- 200g cherry or plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 handful of fresh mint, chopped finely
- seeds from 1 pomegranate
- 2 handfuls of rocket salad
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 1 handful of spring onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp sumac
- Firstly you will need to prepare the bulgur. Boil it, just like rice, with 2 cups of boiling water, on low heat for about 15 minutes. Let it cool before you add it to the salad, or else it will ruin the freshness of the veggies.
- Ok, now seriously, this is a salad recipe, and I find it funny to even have to write these directions. As you can probably imagine, just take a bowl and mix all ingredients together. Sprinkle some sumac at the end and serve… cold (duh!).
Love, happyholism and nom-nom,