Can I tempt you with this super easy melon ice cream? If you’re not excessively picky about getting the perfect texture, but instead you’re looking for something refreshing, natural and very tasty, this melon ice cream is absolutely amazing!
Spring is here, well, for most of you, since Edinburgh seems to really love this never-ending winter. But there are always ways to imagine it’s nice and warm. I turn the heating up, dress down, play some summer-ish music and nothing can stop me from believing I’m at the beach.
Cooking time: 30min (+ 25min for whisking/mixing the ice cream – 5min every 1h for 5h)[twocol_one] [ingredients title=”Ingredients”]
- 600g double cream
- 1 ripe honeydew melon
- juice from 1 small lemon
- 1/2 cups of sugar
- In a saucepan add the double cream and the sugar. Simmer it on low heat until the sugar has melted. Set aside to chill.
- In the meantime add the melon to a food processor or a blender, together with the lemon juice.
- Mix in the sweet double cream and blend further, until the texture of the ice cream mix becomes fluffy.
- Add the ice cream mix to a container and put it in the freezer.
- In order to make the texture nice, soft and fluffy, whisk or mix the ice cream for 5 minutes every hour for about 5 hours.
- Some online tips suggest adding the ice cream to a food processor or blender right before serving it – this will break the ice crystals and make the ice cream smoother.
I like to serve this ice cream with a bit of golden syrup and some crushed hazelnuts. Enjoy!
Love, happyholism & nom-nom,