Recently I’ve ran out of bread quite often, and instead of going to the supermarket, I decided to make some at home. These golden turmeric buns are perfect if you wish to have homemade bread, yet don’t have a lot of time on your hands.[twocol_one]
Cooking time: 5min preparation, 30min waiting time, 20min baking time[/twocol_one] [twocol_one_last]
For 3 golden buns[/twocol_one_last] [twocol_one] [ingredients title=”Ingredients”]
- 1 1/4 cups of flour
- 1 tbsp dried active yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 cups of lukewarm water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 egg for washing
- topping of your choice (seeds, mixed peppers, salt flakes, sesame seeds, etc.)
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the water and the oil. Mix with your hands until combined. Don’t press the dough too much with your fingers, or else the buns will not be as fluffy.
- Cover the bowl with a cloth and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes. I usually leave it next to the heater.
- Preheat the oven at 180ºC.
- Grease the baking tray you will be using for the buns. Separate the dough in three balls, then flatten them: they should be about 2-3 cm tall.
- Egg wash the buns and add the topping of your choice.
- Bake for 20 minutes
Love, happyholism and nom-nom,