This delicious and easy aromatic rice with coriander seeds, cardamom, cassia bark, cloves, turmeric, lemon zest and rose petals is very quick to prepare and goes well with any oriental or Indian dish.
In my house rice is almost always on the table. My boyfriend has always had it as a side dish, and it did not take long until I got used to that as well.
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 5-6 cardamom pods
- 5-6 cloves
- 1 thumb long piece of cassia bark
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp rose petals
- 1 1/2 cup of water (for the rice)
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp mustard oil
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Put your rice in a pot or rice cooker. Add the water, salt and all other ingredients aside from the lemon juice, oil and turmeric.
- Cook the rice for about 20 minutes simmering it.
- Once the rice done, heat the mustard oil in a large pan, then add the rice, turmeric and the lemon juice. Stir well until the rice is yellow.
- Ta-daaa! That’s all. Now it’s time to enjoy it with some tasty food.
Love, happyholism and nom-nom,