This salmon Indian style, cooked with garam masala and curry leaves is ready to throw in the oven in less than 5 minutes, and ready on your plate in just 20.
Hi, my name is Ioana and I am addicted to salmon. It is my favourite fish, and I would have it every single day if I could. But I’m sure you all know how it is when you have something excessively – you end up really, really fed up with that thing. As I’m not willing to do that to my relationship with Salmon, I’ve recently started a challenge:
How many different sauces can I make, with few ingredients that I mix in a glass and prepare in maximum 5 minutes?
This is the perfect challenge. It takes no time, and I need to preparation – I just use products I find at home and in my spice cupboard, mix them and try it out. I usually have this salmon with rocket salad, and if I have a bit more time, I chop some tomatoes and green onions and add them to the rocket as well. I season it with a bit of olive oil and lemon juice, and that’s it!
It takes 5 minutes to prepare the sauce, after which I add it to the salmon and cook it for 20 minutes in the oven, which is a time I can use to do anything else. So, overall, it actually takes a lot longer to eat the salmon than to actually prepare it!
Should I repeat that?
Cooking time: 5 minutes (preparation), 20 minutes (waiting time)
This first recipe I’m sharing with you is an Indian Style salmon that gets its flavours from the curry leaves, and from the Garam Masala spice blend. And for a little crunchiness, I also added some black mustard seeds.
- 1 piece of salmon fillet
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp curry leaves
- A pinch of chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp canola oil
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Mix the lemon juice, Garam Masala, turmeric, black mustard seeds and chilli powder in a glass. Add the oil and stir well.
- Put the salmon in a small ovenproof dish and add the Indian Style sauce - make sure the salmon is well covered in the sauce. Add the curry leaves and spread them on the Salmon.
- Cover the dish with aluminiun foil and bake for about 20 minutes in the oven, until the Salmon is cooked both on the outside and on the inside.
Enjoy this with a delicious salad or some rice.
Oh, and you guys, stay tuned for the next #5minutesalmon recipes: coffee & cardamom! Yum!
Love, happyholism and nom-nom,